Carbosulcis, a Sardinian Regional Government Company, owns the mining concession for the exploitation of the Sulcis coal basin.
The company is currently in the process of restoring the sites and securing the mine following the closure of the coal mining activity. The Company is keeping the no-dangerous wastes disposal management from the Thermal Power Plant, both in surface and in underground and will be aiming at the reconversion of the site through:
- Fulfilment of researches and technical, scientific, organisational experimentation in the coal mining field.
- Industrial development and new innovative coal technologies.
- Industrial services management and usage of coal in energy production, for chemicals and for the research and experimentation interested areas.
- Realisation of works for environmental and estate recovery related to the carbo-energy activities, as well as requalification activities for tourism, conferences and culture.
- Planning of training for education and promotion of the coal mining culture.
Carbosulcis holds the Certificate of Excellence for obtaining ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 and is registered EMAS:2004.
Miniera Monte Sinni - 09010 Gonnesa (CI)
Tel. +39 0781.4922.1